Monday 7 March 2016

Shaggy cow story

After a few days rather enthusiastically flinging ourselves at the Highlands we've both been giving thanks for a day of taking it quite easy. ..I even passed up on most of the Great Glen scenery and slumbered gently for stretches of the journey on the bus. It's been a long while since I travelled such distances without a captain of the ship to mastermind the actual transportation and could sleep for England...so give thanks I'm in Scotland and have to wake up and appreciate it now and then!

I give thanks for a field of shaggy tawny Highland cattle. For finding a Lush shop as much by instinct (or subliminal distinctive smell?) as map reading. For a surprisingly good busker (it would be impolite to say why we were suprised he was good!)

I give thanks for all the locals I've heard praising more of the astonishingly bright sunshiny weather - it's always good to have one's efforts appreciated!

I give thanks for an absolutely delicious dinner at the hotel here. The food at the other one was OK but this? Mmmmm... I give thanks for it being free on the first night to (successfully) try to tempt us to have more...

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you're having a good time. Hope the weather improves tho !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather's been remarkably good Ruth...everyone keeps remarking on it!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics