Tuesday 22 March 2016

Missing links

I give thanks for a text from Linda wishing me good luck with hopes and plans I couldn't help but share with her yesterday. Sometimes despite my best intentions to nod and smile and keep conversation contributions to the topics other people prefer, the things that are really going on in my head do burst forth now and then...

I give thanks for a rubbish nights sleep with joint pain and heart ache, frets and regrets keeping me company...oh and the pretty moonlight of course! I give thanks because though I mostly keep my feelings to myself it doesn't mean I don't feel them, and talking to yourself about your feelings can be helpful in understanding yourself better which is useful, if uncomfortable at times... It can also help you understand other people better which is useful as well...because if you talk to other people about your feelings they'll probably respond by telling you about theirs!

I give thanks too as I'd been wondering how to conserve energy and rest the sore bits in preparation for something nice to do tomorrow, so being tired and wan today was good for helping resist the temptation to go out in the sunshine instead... I give thanks for several lovely peaceful hours with no neighbours around so that doing very quiet still things myself was particularly pleasant...until I had to spoil it all by doing something stupid like cleaning the black spots round the bathroom tiles. I give thanks for discovering bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar really brings sealant up a treat. I mean brings it up off the place it's supposed to be sealing. Oh well - I give thanks I was cleaning in preparation for re-applying sealant!

I give thanks for believing so much I'd win the free day's painting by decorators in a local draw, I'd even arranged a lift to a paint shop. I give thanks not getting what you want is good for your soul if not your kitchen ceiling...

I give thanks for this story of a friendship going far...
http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/man-plans-to-travel-across-europe-with-friends-as-the-backpack/
If you have enough love and support in life you can do so much more than if you're on your own. And if not? Well, hmm...you can write a blog being grateful for things you do have and slowly make a blanket to give to a charity for those who don't?


I give thanks for hearing this the other day and thinking it's sad but true that often what they do is do it to someone else...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQU4sIn96M4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics