Sunday 13 March 2016

Dreaming for one

I give thanks for a good sleep...and for my mind making good things happen while I did.

I give thanks for finishing unpacking my suitcase, and packing away some dreams and aspirations I somehow can't quite let go of altogether... I fully endorse the view that wishing your reality was anything other than it is is a sure fire way to suffer and be sorrowful, but sometimes it's a whole lot easier to deal with a present you find hard if you can believe the future might be better. I give thanks I understand as everything changes the future will always be different whether I decide the difference is better or worse when it arrives... Nothing ever stays the same and at least if you dream on your own you don't wake up and find someone else has decided your dream is actually their nightmare!

I give thanks for a new season of Catfish stories, for the delightful duo of Max and Nev and the jaw dropping shout at the TV on line romance situations they reveal. I give thanks for the way it shows that (almost) everyone wants to be cherished for who they are, and the sadder not finding that makes people the more they're likely to lie...or believe the lies they're told. I give thanks for the ones who find love, the ones who keep believing they will, and for those who politely get out of they way... and, particularly as illnesses are often used as a smokescreen for on line fakeness, I give thanks I'm in group three as no one who watches Catfish would believe in me anyway!

I give thanks for meeting Christine in the veg shop yesterday and deciding to get a big head of broccoli cut in two to put in our separate shopping baskets. I give thanks they're so helpful to people mostly cooking for one in there... I give thanks for lots of milk and cheese in the fridge so I could make a nightmare tea in a renal dietitian's eyes. I give thanks no renal dietitian got to see it!

I give thanks for more of that soft hazy sunshine, and a rather hazy lazy mood to go with it. I give thanks for fixing the printer and even more so the heater...though by the time I'd done those things I'd kind of run out of oomph for the creative ones I'd planned. I give thanks for the times the neighbours weren't unduly noisy, for earplugs and headphones when I felt they were. I hope they were using theirs when I played my guitar and sang a song...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics