Saturday 12 March 2016

Stitch in time

I give thanks for the pretty mist filtered sunlight today, the sea and the sky almost identical flat ice blue. I give thanks there was no irresistible glittery twinkle as just doing the essentials has been hard work, and though going out was essential playing was out of the question...I didn't even cross the road to see it closer so no photos of here Ness but here's one of there Ness instead...


I give thanks for a letter with an appointment to see a surgeon about the thing that hurts the most that is most likely to be fixable. Be a few weeks before that, and then a few more before further action if he's willing to take it, but in a way this is something to be grateful for as I'm not especially fond of hospitalisation and solitary recuperation up five flights of stairs is not a bundle of laughs either...which is something to be grateful for as laughing can hurt when you've been stitched as well...

Often after I've had some pleasant company I can feel a bit lonesome and down as normal life resumes, so in a way I'm grateful I've been feeling so sore and sorry for myself physically and watching catch up TV and slow motion knitting has been entertainment enough between the chores and naps...though you know (as ever) if you'd be so kind as to pop into the kitchen and make me a cup of tea that would be most awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics