Tuesday 29 March 2016

Darting about

I give thanks I can still do a pretty good impersonation of a strong well person for a few hours at a time...as long as I have at least twice as many hours to recuperate afterwards. After all the darting about and DIY yesterday I was very stiff and sore today and grateful to be left to my own devices today to potter or not...and for quite a lot of not! Rachel's great grandfather built this house in a very fine spot for admiring the view of natural beauty and maritime bustle...and nowadays, especially during holidays, of bustling tourists too!

I give thanks for the sunshine dazzling on the water this morning eventually luring me out and that I'd gone a little way, but not too far, when something happened to remind me every act of going anywhere is one of great courage, and how swiftly serenity can slip away. I give thanks for the wisdom to understand being loved for yourself is possible even when you're prone to these misfortunes, but that given the difficulty of loving yourself when they occur it's probably easier all round if there's no one else around trying to. It would be sad for someone to see how sad I get and not be able to fix me.

I give thanks for a dozy contemplative afternoon doing a bit of knitting, watching the weather changing, the ferries shuttling and the steam train puffing in and out with whistle blowing before eventually drying my tears, and other things including the weather, and getting back out there for round two. Although I've never stayed here before I've significant memories of time spent around and about with others so it felt important to make some new ones on my own...and not the ones from this morning! I give thanks I did...and will be even more so if I manage to get this posted as the internet's crashed so I can't use my tablet and I've just broken my charger so there's a limit to how much I can use my phone. Other people build houses, bank balances, relationships, networks, careers... I give thanks mostly I just do character building. The more you lose the more you get you see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics