Sunday 27 March 2016

South easterly

I give thanks for the changing colours in the sky and sea as weather fronts sweep over and the light changes, for glowing clouds in the north and south at sunset yesterday and gulls gracefully wheeling on the thermals when the wind dies down.


I give thanks for an unexpected invitation. Well, most invitations are pretty unexpected I guess but this one was unusual in content as well as occurrence and I'm going to be spending a couple of nights away from home in a holiday home with Rachel and her husband about an hour's drive south of here. Oh and particular thanks for the offer of a lifts to get me there and half way back as well!

I give thanks for opening my bottle of Loch Fyne liqueur to celebrate and having a few smooth mouthfuls. Everything's gonna be fine fine fi-i-ine as Alanis Morissette would say...

I give thanks for waking up with a very random idea for something to do to encourage more fineness into my life...and that though arranging the encouragement took up most of the day without any signs of getting anywhere as least it was a few hours spent not feeling discouraged.

I give thanks for the solace of chocolate. I know I shouldn't have much chocolate but I should certainly have as much solace as I feel I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics