Thursday 17 March 2016

Rejoy

I give thanks for a bit less physical pain today and a bit less of the emotional sort too. I'm particularly grateful for the latter as it makes dealing with the former easier too.

I give thanks for the Sport Relief programmes about homelessness for reminding me of my good fortune, and also of the curious way we look at unfortunate situations others are in that we wouldn't wish for ourselves and think it's somehow OK for them...

I give thanks I forgot to have that drink. It's much nicer to have one when you're feeling good and would like to feel even more so...and even more so if you can do it with someone else of course. I give thanks my solitude is the saviour of my liver...

I give thanks for the spring sunshine as I had to go out and do things and I couldn't do things very fast. For having the wherewithal to top up one of the local food bank collection points and to buy a takeaway cup of tea to sit with afterwards. The lady said it was £1.30 but I noticed the sign said £1.40 and offered her the extra 10p, which she refused at first as she said it was her fault for not memorising the new prices. I give thanks for finding a shiny 10p piece on the car park outside as a reward for doing the right thing and insisting!


I give thanks for all the interesting things to be seen around and about including the name of this boat I found myself sitting by...I don't know if it means concerning joy or returning to it but both are good and I'm always up for a thirty-seven and a ready made blog post title!

I give thanks for earplugs and a blanket and a short but very sound sleep when I returned. For waking up and remembering only joy...for a moment or two anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics