Thursday 3 March 2016

Night in shining drama

Well now...what's to say? After a busy day last night I was grateful to go to bed early, dropping swiftly into deep and dreamless sleep before being woken by a storm of shouting and banging doors. I was grateful eventually everyone involved settled again, but I couldn't and I gave thanks I always try to find something to be grateful about otherwise I really don't think I would have been at all...

I gave thanks that I've no one to fight with, and though doors are frequently closing to me they're not often actually slammed.  I gave thanks it's not me running around screaming in the middle of the night, that despite the cards I've been dealt, the poor way I've played them and the way I've been played, I don't kid myself anything that comes in a bottle or packet could improve the situation. I gave thanks I don't blame and though it feels unbearably hard just to be sometimes, let alone to be here, I know it's nobody's problem but mine.

I gave thanks for the ferocious wind, the twinkling stars in the clear sky and the twinkling lights of the ships in the bay. I gave thanks to Jan and Gary for offering to take time out of their lives to help me escape from mine for a bit.

Today, I've been grateful to catch up with rest in the quiet bits, and in the noisier ones to catch with what I should have been doing instead of resting. I give thanks I've finished the dress alteration that's been exercising my brain as well as my hands. I give thanks for anything that exercises my brain in any ways other than dwelling on things I cannot fix that break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics