Thursday 10 March 2016

Home thoughts from on board

I give thanks for a day of watching the landscape change - a pastime of which I'm inordinately fond - and that though the trains we've been on were a bit small and squashed our travelling companions were companionable. I give thanks for watching a rather elderly lady weave a yo yo shaped item through a complicated series of loops. Tatting? No, untangling her headphones so she could quietly watch TV on her tablet! I give thanks for the very civilised Scotrail practice of giving you an extra cup if you have tea to put the used teabag in...

I give thanks for bright blue skies this morning, more sunshine on snow on mountains, more Iceland substitute scenery (spoke to some locals who've been and say it is indeed)...and a pretty strip of sunset on the horizon this evening.

I give thanks to Jan for putting up with me for almost a whole week! She did all right for a girl...not too much wittering, not too much shopping and (especially appreciated) not too much wittering about shopping! I give thanks for all her help with things my hands are not so handy at like opening those tricksy little sachets of milk.

I give thanks for her allowing me long silences especially when I'm busy, not panicking too much about my nonchalant attitude to public transport departure times and propensity for wandering off just before them. I'd make a pretty good male I think, if I weren't such an excellent version of female of course!

I give thanks John and Jo are letting me break the long journey home at their home, making my tea and, I hope, allowing me to wallow and soothe my aches and pains in their bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics