Wednesday 9 March 2016

Highland spring

I give thanks for quite spring like weather today and just enough spring left in my step to enjoy it with lots of rest and snoozing in between... I may not be very powerful but I'm a dab hand at power naps! I give thanks for a stroll by the river and round a graveyard with sunlight bright on snowdrops and crocuses and the thick snow on the mountain tops.

I give thanks that Jan is better at shopping than me...and brought me some Lush soap in her travels while I rested and snoozed. And that later when I thought she needed a little help choosing a gift for someone else I ended up choosing something rather unexpected for myself. I would never have guessed that I might do so...and neither would you unless you knew me a long time ago or met me quite recently and remembered what I said. I give thanks for opening a guessing question on Facebook and, amongst all the fun replies, as I wrote the last this last sentence someone who did indeed know me a long time ago guessed near enough...Whisky! Well, actually a mellow whisky liqueur which I fell for after a wee sip sample and will be sipping again if I can get the bottle home unscathed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics