Monday 28 March 2016

High and blow

There's not much I don't mind being woken up by but a good storm is one of my favourites so I give thanks for a wild night of howling wind - south westerly I think from the particular pitch of its whistle, the invigorating feeling it brought me and the footage of surfers in the dawn by the pier on Facebook this morning.

Invigoration's not a bundle of use when you're home alone and trying to be quiet in the middle of the night though so I thanks for finally getting back to sleep... and back awake again as I had a lot to do today. I give thanks for getting a lot of it done!

I give thanks for a successful diy supplies shopping trip with Laura incorporating a hot chocolate in a riverside pub a never knew existed. The year of living differently continues to do what it says on the tin.

I give thanks for hearing from someone I wish was happier but I'm always happier to hear from them so one out of two ain't bad...

I give thanks for thinking for an alternative title for this post...the first one that sprung to mind given the subject matter could have been somewhat misinterpreted ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics