Tuesday 15 March 2016

Come what may

I'm grateful for being able to see the sun going down from my kitchen window without having to lean right out...

I'm grateful for dinner, a treatment and a couple of hours catch up with Rachel. I'm grateful she too is going through some existential angst at the moment - not that I would wish any suffering or struggle on another, but if someone is dealing with similar difficulties to you it can be a bit of a relief to compare notes and commiserate. And the great thing about existential angst is that it's a great leveller - if everything seems pretty pointless it doesn't matter if your life might look from the outside quite rich in point like Rachel's or remarkably lacking in same like mine, because it all feel's the same. I'm grateful I've no one to try and 'cheer me up' because it's not that I'm not cheerful exactly, and seriously...there's no point!

I'm grateful I didn't book a seat to see the film Room as I'd originally intended as I decided I didn't want to be stuck in one...and I'm grateful for all the neighbours being out for a few hours so I felt less stuck in mine. I'm grateful for indulging in activities best done in isolation - snivelling, eating raw garlic, counting stitches and swearing at knitting - and, when the neighbours all returned, for trundling my aches and pains down the hill to take some supplies to those who have no rooms to be stuck in or have far too much room in their kitchen cupboards.


I'm grateful for taking a detour on the way home to properly say hello to the sea again, and for it being all wavy as the tide came in and making me smile for a while. I'm grateful for the beautiful may blossom and the bright blue sky...

I'm grateful I've a slice of spinach and feta pie for my tea because after knitting, cleaning the sink and washing up my hands are way too sore for chopping, stirring or using cutlery...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics