Tuesday 1 March 2016

Home learning

I give thanks for the sweetest dreams. Gee but it's sad thing to wake up sometimes...

I give thanks those gluten free crackers turned out so well, and that Rachel was genuinely grateful for both those and her early birthday gifts including gluten free crumpets! It often seems difficult for me to find ways to please others when there's so much they can do for me so it's a lovely feeling when I'm sure I have.

I give thanks for her making me two cups of tea and doing the washing up... Very occasionally someone other than Rachel makes me a cup of tea but she's pretty much the only person who ever does my washing up!

I give thanks somewhere I'm going reminded her of somewhere she's been...and of the first dance song from her wedding, this version of which moved me to tears but in a goodish way. I've such deep sorrow behind the smiles just now it's a blessing to have a socially acceptable excuse for a spot of public weeping...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aVKLpVNZ6PA

Part of the poignancy is due to my upcoming travels taking me nearly home. I can't go really home for logistical reasons (I'd need someone to drive me and put up with accompanying tales and more tears)... and also because of course you can never return to a remembered emotional state of being, as the very fact you remember it means it no longer is as it was. I give thanks for all the opportunities for learning in this - including the reminder that emotions are not logical things!

I give thanks for this random collection of facts you probably didn't know about. Well, one you did as I told you before...feel free to forget some of the others...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-35667660

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics