Monday 29 February 2016

Home birds

I give thanks for sleeping through some of the night despite various hindrances...for waking and keeping my eyes tight shut through a succession of gull squawks, pigeon coos and crow caws before giving up and shutting the window...and thus getting to see the sun come up through the tree tops!

I give thanks for making gluten free crackers to go with the cheese accompaniment for Rachel's bowl of (also homemade) lentil and roasted veg soup...I'm more frogess than goddess but I can be domestic now and then! I give thanks that Rachel is coming to treat me as well as eat...when you're feeling rough and the world seems tough what could be nicer than knowing someone's going to try and make you feel better?

I give thanks for writing the above earlier and then plodding off down the stairs to public spiritedly do some more bin sorting while I waited for Jenny to give me a lift to knitting...and when I came back a couple of hours later for discovering someone had finished the job in my absence! 


I give thanks for catching up with people I'd not seen for a while and finishing off my chicken style pieces...

I give thanks for rediscovering my mojo too somewhere along the deserted Monday seafront. It had wandered off suddenly and utterly for twenty four hours causing the kind of anguish only hypochondriacs and people who have serious stuff the matter with them can possibly understand. I give thanks it came back in time to produce the kind of quipping and banter expected of me in local shops and businesses. I give thanks I live in such a friendly part of the world where quipping and banter are required...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics