Sunday 21 February 2016

It's not the vanilla...

I give thanks for this interesting and well written 'point of view' about happiness and vanilla...and I give thanks for a day with some of what it talks about!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35605568

I give thanks for mild and bright springlike weather, with just enough light spatterings of rain here and there to make faint rainbows...ideal for the beautiful views on a drive out to Seale Hayne and back with Laura and Mima for my delayed birthday meal. I give thanks for unexpected detours which meant we got to see lots of hedgerow snowdrops and very cuddly looking alpaca along a narrow windy muddy lane with a road closed sign - at the end we came out of or we probably wouldn't have done...

I give thanks for stroking the cutest friendliest goats and viewing some pigs that I'm sure had wonderful personalities and souls but really were not noticeably cute at all!

I give thanks for lots of delicious food...too much of the main dishes for any of us to finish so no chance of dessert, not even a cup of tea or coffee. When have you ever heard of me being too full for a cup of tea? Yep, that full! I give thanks I managed to try a taste of the chocolate I found in one of the shops there though. It was a new make of chocolate to me, and a new flavour...no, not vanilla...simnel cake! 

I give thanks for learning to drink out of my new water bottle without the unwelcome sound effects...oh and for these pretty little crocuses reaching up to the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics