Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sub text

I'm grateful for some neighbours having a shouty row and waking me up from a late afternoon power nap before it became an early night...it's been a busy week or two and a little battery charge was necessary after whizzing into the big city today for a hospital appointment, but not a full on shut down.

I give thanks for lovely weather - bright but not too crisp. And for Bob's company on the train because although I'm grateful for perpetuating the myth that I'm as casual as can be about medical matters, I care more about outcomes than a would be Buddhist should! I give thanks for outcomes that were pretty OK...no action required in the areas I would prefer no action to be necessary, action pending for areas I'd like some please and a little light banter with one of my favourite consultants to banter with as he understands he's supposed to be consulting me...

I give thanks also for Bob's phone being able to take a photo of the message my phone composed by itself in my pocket... It clearly has some issue with something and is rather more confrontational than I am so I'm grateful it didn't send it though I'm fascinated by what the next word might have been!



I give thanks for a tired and increasingly disheartened trawl around the various eateries in the centre looking for somewhere with something we wanted to buy and somewhere we wanted to be...the two most promising were full (well they would be!) but in the second of these they were persuaded to find us a corner and fed us some most delectable anti pasti with good humour, excellent service and reasonable prices. We'd nearly finished before we worked out why it was called Jamie's!

I give thanks that Bob found something he was looking for in one of the many charity shops he looked in and for a restorative mug of station cafe brew before slogging back up the hill for that nap! I give thanks we've still not got round to Christmas...always good to have something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics