Friday 12 February 2016

Good hearts

I'm still giving thanks for yesterday's public transport excursion - my heart badly needed a road trip even if the rest of my body has been complaining about it today. I give thanks for the thoughtfulness of folks who urge me not to over do things, to take it easy...but I take it very hard that my existence these days seems such an underdone thing. Sitting around not even twiddling my thumbs because my thumb joints are wrecked from years of stitchery feels like a half life (in all senses) that's hard to be grateful for so I give thanks I find ways to still feel a little bit me now and then...and if it wears me out well it just makes another day not thumb twiddling not seem so sad...


I give thank for sleeping fitfully through a long running argument in a nearby flat, then going to bed and sleeping very well despite that pesky fire alarm warning us of no fire whatsoever. I give thanks for very nice dreams...

I give thanks for looking at my horoscope when I finally emerged at lunchtime, reading something that has been doing my head in was about to be resolved...then logging into Facebook and finding a message proving this to be true! I give thanks it was from someone who would agree that horoscopes are pretty silly and thus extra cool when it appears that they're not...

Oh, the picture was something I spotted on my travels yesterday - I give thanks that I did! And this is for all of you who're still thinking of Feargal Sharkey... I bumped into him once in the Marquee Club in London. No literally...I turned round quickly and nearly fell over the poor chap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlh_JJihv4g



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics