Wednesday 10 February 2016

Beaded theory

Another day, another holler...well more of a whimper really. I give thanks for lots of physical pain as it makes it seem more reasonable to be miserable and grumpy...and for my heated mattress thingy to switch on when it wakes me up in the night.

The source of all suffering, of course, is wanting any situation to be in any way different from what it it is...And as I'm suffering from wanting several situations to be different at the moment, I'm grateful I know there's no point wishing that to be different either...

I give thanks for trying to steer a path between doing nothing - which hurts the body a bit less but which gives the head more chance to dredge up the things it's sore about - and occupying myself with stuff that swings the balance the other way. I give thanks for embracing pointless with a not new but new to me Colin Thompson jigsaw. They are so good you've only got to Google colin tho and it takes you there! I haven't done so myself for a while and can see there are loads I've yet to enjoy...

I give thanks for attaching some of that lace to what will become the end of a sleeve on the dress I got from ebay not realising an Italian small is a good bit larger than I am. You can see why I had to go back to get the trimming...and as for the necklace, well they could have been made for each other...oh wait, they were!


I give thanks for remembering to make myself tea in a pot with a cosy and a little milk jug on a tray, so I can ask myself if I'd like a drop more and top up my mug in a way that makes me feel almost pampered. Do to yourself as you would have others...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics