Tuesday 9 February 2016

Treat meant

I give thanks to Rachel for asking me what I'd most like to happen on my birthday...and for commiserating when I told her! And then, when I got a bit more real and said I'd be happy just to not to have to eat tea at home alone, suggesting we meet up after she finished her course in the little city that day and grab some grub in a pub. The little city does have some most excellent pubs where I've had some most excellent times and I give thanks for a brief exchange with an old chum on Facebook today remembering some of those. I can even think of one just outside where if couples have gone to nibble each other as well as the food they'd be quite cool and funky people anyway...

My treatment yesterday left me feeling somewhat anaesthetised, which is not altogether a bad thing, but add in the anaemia and I'm moving so imperceptibly I'm not sure I'm moving at all...so I was grateful I had a dentist appointment this morning and could turn up somewhere else and tell I had. 

I give thanks for fresh out of the oven ginger cake and a mug of tea at our local station cafe for the princely sum of £2.40 (none of that pumpkin nonsense here!) and for a long slow scenic train journey past a solitary almost stationary paddle boarder on the long slow waves and the far out (man) tide exposing the bones of boats in the estuary. I give thanks some lace clocked a couple of weeks ago and now desired for a dress transformation project was still in the shop!


I give thanks for music on my headphones keeping me awake...and for some suggestions for some new tunes to try. For leftover things for tea that require merely lifting to the mouth and eating. For a new necklace collaboratively designed with Jan that I meant to buy but which she gave me as a gift to say thank you for my bargain travel hunting. It would go most delightfully with the transformed dress. All I've got to do is finish transforming it...and then maybe find a pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics