Sunday 14 February 2016

Nicer than pie

I give thanks for sleeping well and waking up to a comfy clean home after a Saturday night at the hoover, duster and washing up. I give thanks for kind writings on my Facebook wall, some with images of cake and flowers which is nice as it's not been a cake and flowers sort of birthday this time. I did have some savoury pie last night which I'd been looking forward to but which turned out not to be one of Tesco's finest creations. I give thanks that it was only for two so I only have to eat it once more...and that it reminded me to treat myself to more of Higgedy's as they are the far the superior option.. .

I give thanks for a text from Rachel with good news about a change in the arrangements for later which made a pleasant change! The last few weeks it's often felt as if plans have been set in sand or soap the way they keep shifting or slipping away...

I give thanks for what seem like pretty ordinary everyday things to be grateful for like the neighbours not being too noisy and the pain and fatigue not being too bad...but these are things that can blight any day quite badly especially when they both happen at once so it's good when neither do...

I give thanks for little bits of light beautification (in my own eyes anyhow!) including refreshing the greeny blue streak in my hair which not only makes me feel a lot less jaded, but which allows some ladies I know to fulfil their dreams of age unexpected hair colour vicariously. Maybe the processes weren't so light and slight, as somehow just pottering about and trying to keep warm on this very nippy day it's time to get ready to get the train already and I've still not opened my cards and gifts...Actually, honestly, as those who know me well know well, although I want to receive them very much, opening things is something I always find time to delay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics