Saturday 27 February 2016

Shhh....

Oh bliss! I asked the universe for no audible arguments in the vicinity and it did so much better than that - there were no audible neighbours at home at all! Even the ones who almost always seem to be around and to be heard were away right through the night and most of the day and this bit of the terrace was so quiet it did cross my mind maybe it had been condemned or something and my letter telling me to get out was lost in the post... You cannot begin to imagine how grateful it made me...if you live in a house...especially one that's detached! Of all the horrid things about being poor never having any aural privacy is the one that makes me most sad and stressed, so I was giving thanks over and over again every time my ears reminded my heart to do so...


I give thanks for bed with no earplugs, and the window open to hear the swirling wind and crashing sea... For sensibly abandoning wallowing in the peacefulness this morning and getting up and out in time to catch the Post Office and the chemist that shuts early on Saturdays. For bright cloudiness and waves that make you go 'ooh!'...

I give thanks for some very pretty new earrings made for me...and for nearly knitting a chicken! I give thanks for nearly making a crumble but burning the rhubarb instead. I give thanks for one of the advantages of cooking for one - nobody to disappoint or make you feel disappointing...

I give thanks for this diverting little personality test quiz 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/taster/projects/who-would-play-you-in-a-movie. 
Apparently I'm good at planning and also thinking on my feet when things don't go according to...I'm thinking I'll take the weight off my feet and work out what to have for supper as it's not crumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics