Friday 19 February 2016

Driven to distraction

I give thanks for being taken to a nearby town where affluent alternatives go to acquire. I went with some ladies who love to acquire and foolishly asked them what they were planning to... forgetting that shopping for some is an intransitive verb and requires no direct object! I give thanks for getting into the spirit of the thing as far as I'm able and buying a second (at least) hand turquoise leather bag in the market plus delicacies like stuffed vine leaves and organic parmesan...and that there were plenty of cafes so that when I grew distracted by the endless examining of everything I could escape for refreshment of body and soul. I give thanks for being praised by Laura for 'doing very well' - she knows this aspect of femininity is not my forte.

I give thanks I'm not as cross as one of my neighbours is tonight, they are so cross everything is vibrating slightly... And I'm grateful though I'm fond of clean I'm not as obsessed with vacuuming either...that's the third time she's done that bit of floor in an hour... Maybe they don't have an ashtray?

I give thanks for hearing from someone I've been hoping would get in touch for a while (no, not the old school chum!) so, as Bob's now coming for Christmas next week, there's currently just one more thing I'd like the Universe to get its finger out over...I know patience is supposed to be a virtue but sometimes there's a limit on how virtuous I'd like to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics