Saturday 6 February 2016

Strings attached

I give thanks for a heart warming day spending quality time with loved ones. Oops, my mistake, wrong version of reality! I give thanks for spending ordinary time with someone I like quite a lot (i.e. me) resting and looking after myself (i.e. not resting). I give thanks for stay at home stormy weather and a bit of a virtual chat with Jan.

I give thanks for attaching my new stringy door curtain without too much difficulty. I hadn't realised it needed a pole or wire threading through the top...and was wondering what I could use until I rummaged in the DIY stuff and found a length of curtain wire ready cut and with hooks on obviously used for some other doorway some other time. I give thanks for managing to get some panel pins in the frame firmly enough to hold it - my right hand is averagely clumsy with a hammer but my left hand is comical with nails so I spend as much time going back down the steps to retrieve them from the floor as actually banging them in! Not a lot to see I'm afraid - but then that IS the point!


I give thanks for round 3 of the extension lead challenge. I took the easy way on the last one and bought a more expensive one locally instead of travelling somewhere else to save a few quid. I give thanks I live somewhere I can buy extension leads - even fancy pants switchy ones! Today however there was no escape from the moving of furniture to get to the socket that needed a new extension lead plugging into it - a large piece of largely solid wood furniture. I now feel like my puppet self and in need of someone else to move my arms and legs...but also a little smug with it... I am stronger than I seem to be...thank goodness!

I give thanks for Nag Champa rose incense cones...I'd forgotten I'd a few of those left. I must fill up my panniers next time I go to the market in the north of the county. Also for watching the deliciously filmed Perfume again. Some people think it's too dark a tale to enjoy but for some mysterious reason I find stories about misfits and outcasts often easier on the heart strings than those with the so called feel good factor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics