Friday 5 February 2016

I'm mobile

I give thanks for the wonder of making it through another day of low energy, limp limbs and limited vehicular access. I give thanks for starting with as long a lie in as I had time for, exercising my magnificent logistical skills to work out a route through the town with minimal carrying of a to b, backtracking if an item were out of stock in my first choice of store, or hanging around anywhere with anything melting in my bag...

I give thanks for having the cost of cab fares, and for cutting out an intended attendance at a meeting for those suffering from chronic illness as due to my eligibility each step had to be accounted for today... and I had to make up for those squandered going back up the five flights to my flat, and down again, after I forgot my mobile. It's often a pretty pointless accessory for me and could quite easily be left behind, but I'd arranged to arrange meeting Mima with it so I could give her an empty jar to fill with fresh made marmalade and I was too grateful for that offer to squander it instead!

I give thanks for the man on the Post Office counter being understanding when I shook my head at the size of the parcel he wanted to give me and said I'd need to go and get a bag of groceries from the Co op first. And I give thanks for, just on the off chance, abandoning the great tailback in the Co op and trying the other end of the shop where a solitary cashier stopped twiddling her thumbs and explained she kept going to ask if people wanted to come to her till but they looked at her as if she was 'speaking a foreign language...'

I give thanks for using my best language on the anaemia team's answer machine...no sharpness, just a gentle query as to why the medical supply company refused to supply the meds on my prescription due to 'a query with the hospital'. I give thanks they didn't call back because I fell asleep beside the phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics