Tuesday 2 February 2016

In validity

In a week when I've heard of one friend's new sports car, and another's new dog, and another's booking of a month long trip around the world I'm extra aware, whatever I've got to be grateful for, yours is is bigger and better, more beautiful and more bounteous, and probably came with a hug and a kiss and a red ribbon round it too! So the first thing I guess is to say I'm very grateful for that - I give thanks for your healthiness and happiness, for your good times and good things to come. 

So what else? Well, I have to give thanks for Rachel of course. She has a big family and a business to run, studies, hobbies, a husband, lots of friends, and patients as well, and yet still finds a couple of hours most weeks to come over and give me a treatment and the treat of feeling validity. Amazing...and last night she made me some delicious food as well!

And I give thanks for the other folk who've helped me feel a fully paid up (even if part time) member of the human race today. I give thanks for meeting Christine coming up the hill as I was hobbling still so achy down it, thinking to myself 'I haven't met Christine on the hill for ages...' I give thanks for her thinking of somewhere she thinks I'd like to go if someone offered to take me out in a car again...I don't think she realises how rare this actually is, but she knows the kind of things that make me go 'Ooh!' and 'Aah!' so I'll store it in my memory bank just in case...

I give thanks to Linda for inviting me for tea and sarnies for lunch, to Jenny for giving me a beautiful deep crimson hyacinth after remembering they are my favourite kind, and Nick the taxi driver and I experiencing exactly the same reaction to a song from our childhood on the radio.

I give thanks to my new neighbour Charlotte waving at me as I got out of the cab, apologising for the noise and inviting me in to show me the demolished stud walls (told you!)

I give thanks for my bed inviting me in for a nap when I got indoors...and also for just looking at the time, wondering what I can be bothered to make for tea and remembering I have a slice of spinach and feta pie from the Greek deli which is open again after their winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics