Monday 15 February 2016

Cardology

I give thanks for more communication in the last 48hrs or so than I usually have in many months of Sundays...most enjoyable! And as so much of it was virtual I give thanks I got to give my fingers a rest and go out for tea with Rachel yesterday. I give thanks the pub was not only not doing a special Valentine's menu, they were shutting less than an hour after we arrived, but there was still time to order some hearty veggie food and negotiate the muddy path to see the remnants of sunset light reflected in the canal before it was served.

I give thanks for a mug of tea back home and discovering Rachel had secreted about her person individual gluten free lemon drizzle cakes, candles and a lighter. I give thanks for her chivvying me to open my cards and gifts in minutes rather than my usual hours or days...and for astonishingly well chosen and/or made ones especially considering the people involved either haven't known me very long or don't know me well...or both! I have a thing about nice cards in particular and these were some of the nicest...one of them was even one I'd chosen for someone else last year. Yep...that nice!

I give thanks for braving the Post Office queue again today in hopes the cards I'd expected to receive on Saturday might be waiting. I know you should try not to have expectations but there were four people who usually send them I hadn't had one from, plus one from someone who'd never sent one before who'd led me to believe they might. So yeah...a little light hopefulness going on...

The staff know me well in there (and about the occasional mishaps in the sorting office) and the counter assistant stretched the elastic band and rummaged in the middle of the bundle to check there were birthday card looking envelopes as well as hospital and bank looking ones before handing them to me. I give thanks there was the green one, a pink and white stripy one, one with foreign stamps and one with very familiar writing (as are the folk who sent them no doubt! ) but hmmm...what about the one I could most reasonably 'expect' to receive? The one I'd tried to be reasonable about 'only' receiving and waiting for a present? Oh there it was...in that padded envelope with a packet of Nag Champa to stop my nagging!

I have all my cards, I'm happy now, thank you! No of course I haven't opened them yet...that won't happen for hours...if not days! In the meantime I need to find my tape measure...I've a dress hem needs sorting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics