Wednesday 13 April 2016

A haar!

I give thanks that so far my third attempt at finding someone to paint my kitchen ceiling seems more promising...The first person I asked said no, the second said yes, I'll bring you a quote tomorrow and never came back and so far the third had been and given me a quote so fingers crossed!

As he came a little earlier in the day than I'm usually up and dressed, and I'm feeling fairly well and pain free at the moment I give thanks afterwards I decided to go on an explore in the sunshine and look at properties I'd like to live in if I had a little bit more money than I do. Was this wise? Ha ha, maybe not...but not as devastating as a few months ago innocently imagining the kind of home I'd really like if neither money nor accessibility were an issue turned out to be...because within forty eight hours of envisaging the miles from almost anywhere converted stone dwelling with big modern wood framed windows, exposed beam barn roof and unexposed outside sunspot, someone I knew unexpectedly took me to their house for a cuppa or whatever and they lived in what my mind's eye had seen! I give thanks for my manifestation skills of course but it still did my head in a bit... I mean some things you can't have it's best if you don't discover how much you wish you could.

I give thanks the places I saw today set off no such yearnings, and for finding my real destination, a cherry tree Christine had waxed lyrical about and knew I'd want to see enough to tell me where to find it - a bit of a trek but not as far as Japan, and yes, very worth it!


I give thanks for thinking that Mima might be free nearby when I went for a sit down with a takeaway tea to recover after all my tramping about..and that she was free so we could share one of the concrete steps going nowhere on the beach and watch the haar swirl in and out again. It may not technically be a haar because they're associated with the north east but we're well known for both our sea and river fogs here too and I've always loved the word so it will do!
http://blog.wordnik.com/10-fantastic-fog-words

I give thanks that thinking of this blog post name reminded me of the Man with Two Brains...and that made me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics