Thursday 21 April 2016

Rhythm and news

Well, first of all I give thanks I'm still alive...and for the lives of people who've been alive and brought us pleasure even tho we never actually met them. And should I go soon and there's an afterlife, I give thanks in advance there'll be plenty of entertainment to be had from the other newbies. Quite what Prince will make of Victoria Wood and her Women's Weekly is hard to imagine, but celestial choir practice is going to put this year's music festival line ups to shame, to be sure...

I give thanks for hearing someone tip tapping some drums this morning for the second time this year. Long term readers will wonder is it the drummer boy of old? Well, I don't know to be certain but it sounds like his style and as if coming from the same direction but quieter... which might mean they've sound proofed the garage or moved the kit into the house. His practice used to be so frequent and then stopped so suddenly apart from just very occasionally that I wonder if he'd gone away to Uni and just picks up his sticks when he comes home to visit. Glad he does tho!

I've been very dozy today so have been giving thanks for increasingly murky weather, just right for shirking on the sofa interspersed with lurking in the cubby hole under the stairs flinging possessions out behind me like a mole digging a hole. I give thanks for another bin bag filled with bits and bobs to go to a charity shop...plus two small heaps to be posted to particular good causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics