Wednesday 20 April 2016

Sugar beat

I give thanks a local charity is putting on a Reggae for the Refugees night and I hope it's well attended as there aren't nearly enough opportunities for those who like dancing to go and do it in my opinion, and dancing for someone else's benefit is good for the soul and well as for the body! I give thanks it's not a Ska 2Tone night as I'd be sorely tempted and really five minutes of vigorous movement is likely to produce enough soreness for me let alone five hours! And I'd have to dance because I'd have to go on my own if you go on your own and you don't smoke, don't drink, what do you do? And I'd have had to go on my own as I've not met anyone local who doesn't have to have the term explained! I think they must have fallen into a musical coma somewhere between the Lambrettas...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVqrnsrgCM and...
...y'all ready for this?...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTm_BhZdOE (I give thanks to a comment from Bob on someone's Facebook post for reminding me of this family favourite!)

Well, not to everyone's taste I know... but as long as someone remembers to try playing some if I fall into a physical coma we'll be OK!

In the meantime, as I'm technically conscious, I give thanks for all the neighbours being out for a while so I could pump up the volume and use the energy of these and other favourites to fuel the cooking of some quite presentable little feta pastries to take to Jenny's tea party (two sorts too - olive and pesto, and tomato and chutney) before exclaiming in horror at the time and rushing round trying to make myself presentable too... I give thanks for Nick the cab driver knowing what you're gonna need an ocean of!

I give thanks for an absorbing view including the local lifeboat doing the splashy nautical equivalent of handbrake turns, for amenable company and interesting conversations...plus Earl Grey in pretty tea cups and a selection of tasty food especially Jenny's generously filled sponge cake which I generously suggested I wouldn't mind taking a slice of home...to help her with her diet, of course!

I give thanks for last night's bright moon shining on the sea, for waking up to the sound of wind and waves today and that this evening, a mite fatigued after a great deal of busyness, I don't have to cook tea but can have spare feta pastry plus another slice of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics