Tuesday 26 April 2016

Not naked

I give thanks while I finished yesterday's post Rachel was in the kitchen finishing off pasta with home made wild garlic pesto. Highly recommended - both having someone cook your tea once in a while and the part foraged sauce! I give thanks for her sharing my Nakd bar for dessert, as tho indescribably delicious and packed full of good things, they are good things I'm not supposed to eat too much of.

I give thanks for persuading her to come to choir afterwards where for a few weeks while David the director's away we're working with a vocal coach...and we certainly are all in need of some vocal coaching! I give thanks the first lesson was actually extremely interesting and enjoyable, not least because instead of scuttling to our places and shuffling through our parts we were doing things as a whole group or interacting in unusual combinations and I love the bonding effect of that. I give thanks the instructor coped well with our various idiosyncrasies and brought a few endearing ones of her own so that the evening retained the customary thread of spontaneous comedy I appreciate as much as the music making... and that it was generally agreed to be very unseasonably cold despite the sunshine, which was a relief to me as I was beginning to think it must be snowing in my heart...

I give thanks I didn't cough or sneeze while turning my mattress earlier, as I read in a guide to hernia management that these bodily functions should be avoided to avoid one. I mean what the actual...? Ah no, you probably shouldn't do that either...

I give thanks for getting on with the laundry chores instead, and some sewing having made a quick detour to pick up some necessary haberdashery yesterday. I give thanks for finding a good source of fabric...in my fabric stash! I've been so concerned with getting rid of stuff I don't really want lately it was quite a delight to find a pile of material I do...especially as I've been chucking out so many clothes and at some point (surely?) I'll want to wriggle out of my winter warmers and will be needing something else to put on instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics