Wednesday 6 April 2016

Funny girl

I'm still running at half speed so the first big thanks is that my latest delivery of performance enhancing drugs is here and waiting to try and put that right. Five eighths speed here I come maybe...

I give thanks for getting that pretty smart coat to the dry cleaners to be ready for pretty smart occasions when a coat is required, and getting on with alterations to the bead trimmed strappy maxi dress (found in a charity shop £1 bin in need of some TLC) that's just right for summer evenings when one is not! You may wonder why I've acquired these, and other garments you may only wonder about, when my life seems so seriously devoid of occasions to wear them...and when I'm always droning on about not hoarding what you don't need... Ah, but you see I need to believe I might sometime need them, it's really as simple as that!

I give thanks for free advice from the possible ceiling painter, and getting a preparation product he recommended here in town...although I'm still waiting for his quote to know if it'll be him who does the main job and to see if I can summon enough oomph to do the bit beforehand...

I give thanks for making Nick the cab driver laugh, and for him remembering I did last time too with a bit of off the cuff wordsmithing. It's nice that people think I'm funny anyway...maybe I should just get a clown suit and be done with other sartorial aspirations. Actually, I just remembered I used to have a harlequin's costume that a boyfriend gave to me...so yes, I guess that says a lot!

I give thanks for the changeable weather which for someone who likes all sorts of weather is a particular treat...and that despite it being very blustery it was doing a sunny bit when I took a takeaway tea break on the back beach. I give thanks for a full four ships in port, and a swan just paddling by them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics