Sunday 24 April 2016

This old house

I give thanks this week's leak was from the top flat not mine...and seems to have missed mine though the landing got wet again. It's not just a selfish gratitude though, I was grateful it meant I had a couple of brief human interactions and could do something useful by offering water in bottles while they had theirs turned off to sort it out...

This old house has withstood many years of less than optimum care and seems to be protesting profusely since I voiced my intention to move elsewhere. I've been trying to tell it the right 'You're lovely... it's just I'm not up to the job' kind of things but I know how empty they sound when you're the broken thing feeling abandoned. I give thanks for the new tenant downstairs doing her bit to make it cherished again...

I give thanks for my beautiful view of last night's bright moon shining on the sea...and for the rubbish waste disposal practices of people who live nearby so that I had to trek down to the big bins in the car park with my recycling and therefore got to see it closer to today. I was on a mission to spot something to make me smile, and to photograph to pass it on but some days that's a hard old job to do so I give thanks for even trying...


I give thanks for the warm sunshine though there's still such a nip in the air and it's been colder this week sometimes than it was much earlier in the year and in some ways it still feels like winter...

I give thanks for a party in the grounds of the big hotel down the road with an ice cream van for the milling children...and for a scene on Girls making me laugh out loud which I haven't done for days so was a particularly welcome feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics