Saturday 9 April 2016

Watch and weight

I give thanks the condemned woman cooked and ate a hearty supper, turned off her phone and the internet, put on her headphones, lay down and watched TV for more than three hours solid last night...well not live TV, that would indeed be a fate to be condemned to...and she did pause to get up and get dessert!

I give thanks for dreams so enjoyable that at the point of almost waking I wondered if maybe I'd died already and this was heaven not sleep...

I give thanks for my upstairs neighbours seeming to have fixed their shower so that I don't have to have one just after. Things are looking up not having to look up and watch where I put my feet!


I give thanks for feeling normal enough this afternoon to go out for a while and admire the light changing on the sea between the hail showers. I give thanks for all the people much more normal than me out interacting with friends and families, enjoying the tail end of the holidays and this beautiful place to be.  My horoscope said I might see things from a different perspective today - does the viewing platform above the yacht club count? I give thanks my love prospects are allegedly excellent again too but I'm hanging on to that one this time as they didn't turn out so well for the recipient when I gave them away...and I could really do with a hug!

I give thanks for braving the Saturday Waitrose crowd and, in an attempt to fit in, saying yes to a free Guardian to go with my free takeaway tea. People tell me it's a good read but so far all I can tell you is it's a good weight and by the time I got it and the rest of the shopping home I was ready for a snack and a nap! Never mind, I went to Exmoor with Ben Fogle instead...always a joy on both fronts...well apart from the butchery lesson! I give thanks for talking to the cab driver who's not been well about how you have to go out sometimes even when you don't feel like it because it's better for you than staying home and thinking about how you don't feel like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics