Thursday 28 April 2016

It's the little things...

I give thanks for a very dark grey billowing cloud on the horizon yesterday evening, with just a sliver of bright red sunset underneath so that it looked like a smoky fire... I give thanks for an energetic night - in my dreams obviously! I was walking to the Lake District, and I guess this is partly because a part of me is very aware that it's exactly thirty years ago I was on a charity walk to London from Wales. 

I give thanks for my late twenties, the best bit of my life by far...so far! I was so fit and strong and confident, a single mum with a great little son, my own small business doing something I loved, a best mate who loved hiking and holidays and a boyfriend with a caravanette and home of his own in the country. I'd been through some seriously hard times already, and I give thanks for my optimism at that time that things could only continue to improve...

Meanwhile back in the now world, I give thanks for the little things that make a day a little more doable, a little less complicated, irritating or disappointing...

So... I was dithering over a first or second class stamp to request the money for my new specs back (with the Bank Holiday postal delays coming up, not just cos I'm a cheapskate!) and then very gratefully discovered Simply Health now have an on line claim system and you just have to upload a photo of the receipt. Ideal!

And that after groaning when I received an email saying something I thought was going to be sent by mail is arriving by courier tomorrow morning, (there's no reason why I can't be in but loads of reasons why I still might not get the delivery) I found an option to select a place to collect the packet instead. I knew this company don't have any pick up points in this town so I was sceptical when I clicked search...but then I found there's one in the place I'm planning to be tomorrow afternoon. Yes, thank you, that'll do nicely!

I give thanks for getting a bit more clothes sewing done and I give thanks I know how... I give thanks for finally identifying the tiny brass thing on my sewing table. There's all the usual stitchery detritus on there, but though this looked familiar it clearly wasn't part of any part of that...in fact the only thing it looked like to me was the ball end of a guitar string. Then I looked up at my guitar to compare the two and realised it was actually the end of one of them. Oh well, it can always be removed and rethreaded with a classic wrap. I give thanks I know how to do that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics