Sunday 10 April 2016

Silent witness

Too tired to get out of bed and go and watch the waves in strong winds at high tide this morning I give thanks for the local coastwatch webcam...and to Liz for telling me about it, a lady who knows what it's like not to be able to get to places as easily as you'd like...

I give thanks for social media showing me that she and other people have been getting to places and being enjoyably sociable this weekend... With still such a lot to think about and do, I give thanks my presence has not been requested or required anywhere - apart from virtually on blogspot that is - and that I'm still finding things to be grateful for in amongst all the things for which I'm not!

In fact this is my 2000th surviving post (some having been accidentally deleted when deleting drafts elsewhere) so I guess that's something to be grateful for too...actually it's pretty unimaginable even to the writer to be honest...

I give thanks for getting out of bed this afternoon instead and lounging in the bath with Alan Bennett before psyching myself up for some diy. There was a nasty moment when it seemed there was no filler left so I give thanks for eventually finding just enough for the job. I was once renowned for my filling skills and this wasn't up there with my best work I'm afraid but I'm just grateful I was able to get up there (the ladder) and do it at all!

I give thanks for some very tasty on offer at Waitrose Higgedy pie for a very late lunch afterwards...The medical profession continues to be astonished by my hearty enjoyment of food at this late stage in renal deterioration. I reckon the rest of their patients can't be eating the right things - and probably don't do nearly enough fetching, carrying and wielding filler knives up ladders for themselves to work up an appetite...

I give thanks a dozen years ago or so my life was very different. I worked til eight or nine several evenings a week, sometimes went out for drinks with colleagues afterwards and had a boyfriend some of the time. Why is this relevant? Well, it meant I missed a vaguely forensic crime drama called Silent Witness feature length episodes of which are currently being shown on a TV rerun channel and fill in a couple of otherwise featureless hours. I don't give thanks it's necessary but I do give thanks it's there!

I give thanks for my pennies from Devon narcissi. They look cheerful and fill my kitchen with their beautiful fragrance too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics