Saturday 23 April 2016

Retroactive

I give thanks for everyone who enjoyed the familiarity of family this fine weathered day... and/or the friendliness of friends...

Who petted a pet... or loved a lover... who tended a garden or someone in need of care..

For everyone who shared a kiss, a cuddle, a kindness... a meal, a meaningful conversation, a moment of helpless hilarity...

For everyone who celebrated their zest for life by running or climbing, swimming or surfing, riding their bike or going for a long striding walk...

For everyone who expressed emotion in music, in singing, in dance...

For everyone who did something useful for money... or something useful for free...

Who raised a child, raised a smile, raised a spirit, raised their face to the sun...

And for everyone who did none of the above. We also serve a purpose I'm sure...but no, I'm not quite sure what it might be either. Though I know it's never a good idea to compare, it might be that in comparison other people might realise how much they have to be grateful for? I don't know, gratitude isn't really my area of expertise today, I'm afraid...except for retrospectively...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics