Friday 29 April 2016

Power of eternity

It's a challenge to find the gratitude lately so, as things are set to get more challenging yet, I'm grateful for all the practice I'm getting!

I give thanks for sight of a rainbow over the steel blue sea in the evening, the sound and smell of rain on the gardens at night.

I give thanks for a long deep hot bath before teatime instead of bedtime, to raise my core temperature a while. I'm finding it so hard to keep warm at the moment and I'm grateful I understand there's an emotional element to the chill and worrying about the electric bill won't help...

I give thanks for waking up from disturbing dreams, and then falling asleep again to escape disturbing thoughts in wakefulness...

I give thanks for Mima suggesting joining her to go and see an exhibition by an art group we know someone in, and that the sleet and hail showers had stopped and the wind had dropped by then...

I give thanks for a slip of the tongue over tea and cake making a blog post title you can make of what you will! I guess it's useful to be reminded of it, and the insignificance of whatever gives us pleasure or pain...

I give thanks for still holding out faith that man who could precipitate a change in my fate might get back to me soon. What man? The one who (I hope) is going to paint the kitchen ceiling before I put my flat on the market of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics