Friday 22 April 2016

Pocketful of mumbles

I give thanks for sleeping loggily and waking up springily which was especially welcome as I'd planned to go out on this drearily wintery day to look for something summery to wear when the sun comes back and the mercury rises... I wanted to find something to show off what are generally considered to be my best features (after my wit and wisdom of course!) and had my heart set on some denim shorts. Obviously already pushing the boundaries of age appropriate wardrobe choices I didn't want anything too short, nor too tight, but there's relaxed fit and oops I put my hands in my pockets and I've got a builder's bum! And though I give thanks for my dainty little waist it's a bummer trying to find a belt to fit it... So I give thanks for eventually finding some cropped jeans that will do with a little extra cropping...

I give thanks for getting most of the other things I had on my shopping list, might even have got them all if I'd thought to write the list... I give thanks for music in my ears to cheer me up on the interminable steamy windowed bus journeys when listening to other people's conversations is even more miserable making than not being in one oneself.

I give thanks for an assistant in one of the shops that didn't have what I wanted helping someone who couldn't see choose some clothes...and the shopper's pleasure in textures. I give thanks for someone serving in a non waitress service cafe carrying my tray when I said I'd have to take my order in instalments to my seat.

I give thanks my wireless headphones are charging as the atmosphere seems somewhat charged in neighbourhood dwellings and I think I need to escape to fictional drama as I've run out of ideas for real escape for a while... I give thanks it's Friday for all the folk for whom a weekend is something to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics