Tuesday 12 April 2016

Good for me

I give thanks for replacing the la la land of post acupuncture bliss with the la la land of choir instead last night! I've not been for months, and not without Rachel for longer, so it was a bit of a challenge overcoming the foot dragging of social anxiety as well as fatigue.

I give thanks for the top gate being open to walk through the secret garden strewn with spring flowers in the grass and pine cones on the paths. For Christine arriving, giving me a hug (thanks universe - never doubted you for a minute!) and saying 'Shall I come and sit by you?' and for learning two songs new to almost everybody - except Christine so I could follow her voice as well as the music! I give thanks for David's delicious dissonance, tasty half time snacks and catch up chats, and a lift home back up the hill from Jenny.

I give thanks for catching up with a predictably uncovered episode of Girls while the water heated up for my bath, and at the end hearing a cover so stunning I had to rewind the recording to hear it again and then go on line to find out about the singer. Aurora, Life on Mars...Try it - if it's good for me it may be good for you too! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZJZM8YQYdE

Singing is so good for all of us...It's good for our brain, and both our blood pumping ventricular heart and, especially in harmony with others, our metaphorical heart of feelings, the one that that should be filled up with wonder and love but sometimes life empties instead.  And going to choir is especially good for me as it's a collaborative companionable activity which is something of which my life is particularly empty...plus it doesn't rely on asking people to be collaborative with me when they have other companions or activities in mind...which obviously I avoid doing as much as I can. 

So I'm really grateful I went...and I would be really grateful if the universe could now come up with a plan for me to be able to go again AND have tea and acupuncture with Rachel as this is my only other reasonably regular opportunity for collaborative activity and it seems unnecessarily mean that they should overlap and it be an either or...

I give thanks for another Jenny coming to clean this afternoon rather than her usual morning visit - not least so I could have a long lie in and then go and get a toasted sandwich for lunch before the sunshine turned hazy except where it still twinkled on the water... I give thanks for an empty sea view seat on Old Maid's Walk to eat it. If you've got to eat sandwiches on your own at my age I think it's best if they come with a side of irony, don't you? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics