Monday 25 April 2016

Ferritin around

I give thanks for the all around sunset sky last night in a colour I couldn't quite name but with elements of lilac and peach involved...impossible to capture on either my camera or my phone but painted in my memory.

I give thanks for enjoying a dream of travel and adventure, and waking too early but in time to hear the wonderful small bird dawn chorus before the crows and gulls and pigeons drowned it out.

Checking Facebook for the first time for a couple of days I gave thanks for seeing between them my friends have indeed been doing pretty much all the good things I imagined in my previous post, and probably the others as well even if they'd not posted about them! I am so grateful other people seem to be so much better at life than me - wouldn't wish mine on anyone...especially people I like! Oh, and I give thanks I like myself anyway.

I give thanks there are NHS Kidney Units. I'm not sure why they put them in such out of the way places but I give thanks the upshot of this is that the socially immobile and terminally independent arrive on our knees begging for treatment instead of with our usual swaggering 'Back off with the intervention, I'm doing fine' demeanour - which is a bonus for the medical profession I'm sure. Today's destination is sited close to the mortuary just in case the knees give out as well... and, unfortunately, I've had a few less than cordial encounters with the staff there, and less than successful visits where I've left with a whole lot more holes in my hands than I went in with but not a drop more ferritin in my blood... so, if you can be on your knees and dragging your heels at the same time then that's what I was this afternoon!

So I therefore give great thanks the only member of the team present was 'new boy' Ben, a sensible Northern lad who I already knew could talk to me as if my brain is still in full working order and have now discovered to my delight, can slip a needle into a vein first time, with no fussing or flapping or ferreting around. Which is kinda as it should be given the job description I feel...but I could be biased, you know. I give thanks for this rather pleasant spot of quilting in the waiting room where you you have to sit for a bit afterwards to check you have no adverse reaction. I give thanks I didn't...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics