Monday 11 April 2016

Jam tomorrow

Heavens, this is hard sometimes... I give thanks lately I've come to understand better why other people seem often more likely to rant and grumble and generously share their dissatisfaction not their gratitude!

I give thanks for a haunting film called Lilting about love and loss, lack of communication and coming to terms. Good old BBC4 - covers all bases eh?

I give thanks the universe still hasn't come up with the hug I asked for because that must mean it's still on its way, right? And a hug on its way towards you is better than one that's been and gone, though I give thanks for the remembered ones that have been and gone of course...(I don't get that many so can remember quite a few!) It won't be from Rachel this evening as she's had a big weekend helping her husband celebrate a big birthday, but I give thanks for thinking about her because that reminded me a couple of days after I thought I saw an otter on the Dart she was with some people who definitely did, so I'm now even more certain I did too and can be extra grateful...

Um... I give thanks for Jenny giving me a lift to the library. Though I didn't feel much like knitting or nattering, having a cup of tea made you is always a treat and I was able to take lots more unwanted yarns and fabrics for the others to rummage through before donating the remainder to a charity shop. I give thanks for giving more than I get!

I give thanks for the bright sunshine and being near the sea, for the tourists thinning out a bit so I could enjoy it all the more. I give thanks for deciding in my next life I'm going to open a patisserie called Affairs of the Tart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics