Friday 8 April 2016

Fixative

I give thanks I had the common sense to turn my head sideways to stop tears of frustration dripping into the plug I was trying to rewire yesterday evening! I had been so pleased to finally find the cause of an intermittent fault with the heater which is my main source of heating - in the cable itself so not obviously visible - and for it to be something I could rectify without any outside assistance or financial outlay, but it's a long time since I did one of those fiddly twiddly things...and the skill set is definitely missing a few pieces these days! Still, swiftly sinking into an avalanche of unfixable, it was was a little breath of fresh air to finally achieve the task, and I give thanks for that...

I'm not really a worrier - it's problem solving I do - so I give thanks I managed a little sleep in amongst all the problem solving last night! I give thanks for working out quite a lot of the problems that beset me just now are, in fact, quite fixable...just not by me, or not by me alone anyhow. And as unfortunately I have a history of either not asking the right people or not in the right way so that help is not forthcoming...I guess I should be grateful at getting a chance to revisit this and hopefully rework it, shouldn't I? Maybe that is fixable too?

I give thanks I had to go out and do some things, and managed to do them without coming across anyone who wanted any more than nodding and smiling from me...and that now I'm home and can get on with the important business of shaking my head and crying. Some things look better in the morning don't they? Unfortunately the opposite was true today and the (relatively) little things the fixing of which would make the (empirically) enormous unfixable things easier to bear, became a bit more beyond the easy reach of help. Curses! 

I give thanks I bought myself some little daffodils...don't fix anything except that I look at them and for a moment go 'Aah!' instead of 'Aaaarggghhh!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics