Saturday 2 April 2016

Dental care

Most of the time I'm on a mission to do more stuff, have more action and activity in my life, but my challenge for today to was to find ways to do less and get the rest my body was quite clear it needed. Doing nothing is not something I'm good at, usually I lie back and think of something I want to get on and do...so I give thanks for even giving it a try!

The bit of my body I most needed to do nothing with is my left arm and hand which is relentlessly painful right now... but although you can do all manner of things one handed most of the ones I do I do better with two so I give thanks for my efforts anyway... I give thanks for eventually abandoning my dressing gown and getting somewhat (extra) scruffily dressed, and for making a spicy lentil stew with very chunky veg...

I give thanks for pretty spring sunshine and mostly peaceful neighbours...and for even managing a nap!

I give thanks for remembering last night's vivid and exciting dream where there were many little unidentified lights moving in the sky causing delight and excitement...until they grew much bigger and space ship shaped and began to descend to earth. There was no way of knowing if the invaders were friendly but earthlings being earthlings we were soon shooting down as many as we could and I figured the occupants of the others might not be best pleased at that! It was hard to decide if running or hiding might be the best strategy, but I was sure it would be a very good plan to have a cross body bag of essentials about my person ready for whatever transpired and hastily packed a torch, a loo roll and a towel. I give particular thanks for remembering the towel...and if you're wondering why, and what any of this has to do with teeth, it's not going to help if I say Ford Prefect I suppose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics