Tuesday 5 April 2016

Giving it all away

I give thanks for walking past the Oxfam shop yesterday, seeing a Bob Dylan album and realising it was time to hear this track again after not being able to for a long time due to 'associations'. Isn't it sad we let bad times or (good times we can't get back to) spoil enjoyment of music or other sources of pleasure that way? It was shivers down the spine love at first hearing and I love it again now and I let someone not getting me take that away...duh! Behind every beautiful thing there's some kind of pain...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZgBhyU4IvQ

I give thanks for Rachel providing a three course meal last night, and discussing money and sex instead of religion for a change! Everyone should have the chance to talk about the things you're not supposed to now and then... I give thanks for randomly asking if she needed my random logs for any fires...and finding out there's a wood burning stove at the Youth Hostel they're renting for Daryl's 50th birthday bash next weekend and so the answer was yes please! You can laugh, but the logs had memories too so it's great they're off to warm a happy gathering instead of gathering dust and disillusionment in a corner. I'm grateful I understand you can't have such a soft centre as I have and not risk getting squashed...

I give thanks for hearing on Facebook that Bob went back to find a homeless person he'd offered a sleeping bag to, who wasn't there the first time he took it to their agreed meeting place. Sometimes I fail to convey the joy I feel at helping things you really don't need to hold on to find the place they're supposed to be, and I'm so grateful he gets a kick out of this too.
Imagine if everyone felt that way...There'd be be no poverty or hunger because no one would feel insecure about sharing what they have plenty of....because there'd be no fear of not having enough...because if you didn't have enough of something and someone else had some to spare they would give it to you, wouldn't they...? Simple, eh? (Yes, I know I am!)

Meanwhile back in the real world, after a busy couple of days it's been a dozy one today and I give thanks I didn't have to do much except eat leftovers and stay awake for Ms Tesco to come. If anyone has any energy just lying around they don't need...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics