Thursday 11 August 2016

Barking

I give thanks for taking another opportunity to escape from my little life awhile. To Jan for her kindness and company, for the sharing of laughter and some less than funny feelings. 

I give thanks for the chance to experience the spa experience together, and for agreeing though interesting and enjoyable up to a point, it wasn't something we'd want to make a point of doing often or for much longer. In fact if we'd stayed there much later today I think we'd both have gone quite mad - but in a different way from out usual sort!

I give thanks for trying to find a footpath I was sure I'd seen on a map sometime, unsuccessfully, but enjoying a stroll instead along an old sunken lane with twisted tree roots and lush ferns on the banks way above our heads. For this pretty fallen bark on pretty leaves just lying posing in the grounds waiting to be photographed. 


I give thanks for the gorgeous late afternoon sky of dappled clouds and slanting sun over the late summer rural landscape. For the feeling of homecoming on any journey that ends with the train sweep into our beautiful bay. For my enduring ability to find bright minutiae to appreciate and share within times of shadow and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics