Saturday 13 August 2016

Throw in the towel

Never mind the calendar, there's definitely an 'Aaargh!' in this month. The last few of days in particular I've been beset by so many minor mishaps, mislayings and malfunctions it's getting a little wearing on all ready rather worn down spirits.

Hmm...but that's not actually giving thanks though is it? I guess I should be grateful that everything I try to do is taking at least twice as long due to these difficulties...as that makes just half as many things that might go wrong! Oh, and that despite a slight reputation for eloquence I'm not adverse to conversing with the universe in very short words now and then.

I give thanks for a good deep sleep last night and some excellent dreams...including a long sea voyage during which we came upon a barn in the ocean so we knew Ireland was not far away, and a return visit to Flam.

I give thanks for Mima suggesting yesterday we did something later today so I could justifiably take it easy in preparation...also that, as I'm trying to make a kimonoesque garment for my upcoming hospital stay, I could justifiably doss around in a nightdress most of the time the better to get the feel of the design and construction process!

I give thanks for winning protracted battles with my printer and my lunch, followed by a little nap and then a dash down to the seafront to do what we said we were going to do ie. meet on the beach for a swim. And that despite saying I probably wouldn't do any actual swimming I actually certainly did!!! Not a lot, as the water was a tad fresher than we had imagined (but suspected, since only very small and/or wetsuit wearing were in there) but first to launch out to a full horizontal from a cringey shuddery, trying very hard not to use those short words loudly, wade into the depths, and some actual strokes completed.

I give thanks for finishing this in time for a hot chocolate at Eastcliff before they closed...and for popping to change my wet bottom half in the loo and finding hanging over the wall nearby the towel I'd left on the steps going nowhere at lunchtime yesterday, and understandably thought I'd not see again. I give thanks for the utter awesomeness of living round here :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics