Tuesday 9 August 2016

One door opens

Sometimes the hardest part of the hard stuff in my life is never having anyone to say 'Shucks, that sucks...what can I do to make it feel better?' So, I give thanks that yesterday was one of the Mondays when Rachel comes to try and make stuff feel better anyway. I give thanks for being brought pizza from Waitrose and home grown salad things, for help fighting with the cooker door which is not at all keen on staying shut these days and which encouraged us to produce an apposite commentary with phrases like  'not much of a catch' and 'closure issues'...

I give thanks for turning the TV on briefly, randomly in time to see Tom Daley and partner being very clever, very patient and very pleased...

I give thanks today has produced a varied array of situational malfunction and irritation to save me focussing on any specific cosmic injustice. For having developed the habit of seeking the fineness of details when the bigger picture just seems smudged and wrong

For the scent of petunias greeting me some feet before reaching a hanging basket outside a roadside house. For Luders redesigning their broccoli and stilton pasties so there's less pasty and more broccoli and stilton. For an afternoon nap...sometimes the best way to deal with this world is to absent yourself from it I find...besides, a little rest gives me strength to fight with the cooker door again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics