Thursday 4 August 2016

Somewhere under the sunbow

I give thanks for a very pleasant day. I'm not sure how much of the pleasantness was in my head rather than outside it - but does it matter? I give thanks I had nothing urgent or serious to do, because savouring doing things slowly has been very much the flavour of it...oh, and the flavours! I give thanks for savouring those as well...

There was warm sunshine, of that I'm sure, as I saw other people exposing parts of their skin to it... and I gave thanks for exposing some parts of mine as well... I give thanks for turning my face up for a kiss of it and seeing the faintest hint of a halo round the sun...and that my camera saw it too!


I give thanks for their being lots of awaited post awaiting me at the post office, including a letter inviting me for a pre op assessment at last. For getting it together to make a couple of phone calls querying things in the letter, at least partly coherently (I think), talk to a couple of people on line who know me better than to expect too much in that department, operate a machine safely that washes things, and one that I watch things on. 

I give thanks for doing a lot of smiling for no easily discernible reason...and for not feeling the need to come up with one either. I give thanks it's been so quiet here...outside my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics