Monday 15 August 2016

Testing, testing

Um...hum...well I've been a bit of a mardy little so and so lately so reckon the first gratitude has to be that no one has to put up with me for more than small stretches of time at a time...Couldn't even put up with myself last night, unable to stay awake to watch the tennis, so I give thanks for the whizziest pre-sleep routines and rituals before lights out and instant falling asleep.  I give thanks for catching up today...with the match and the undone washing up.

My joints being rather creaky, I gave thanks for a lift to town from Jenny to do a few bits before knitting...and an eye appointment cutting the knitting bit short. I'd been assured by the orthoptist a standard eye test was required but the optician declared all was the same as before...luckily he's a droll young man with the softest Northern Irish accent who always manages to charm a bit of good humour out of me so not an utter waste of time.

I give thanks for the brisk easterly whipping up white tops on the dark blue sea. For discovering if you have a distracted moment and put a large bag of peppers in the top drawer of the freezer instead of the bottom drawer of the fridge you can still whip them out and roast them. For the company who sold me my new second hand phone suggesting if I took the tiny protective strip off the battery contacts it might work. Doh! Didn't see that...and as I've never had a phone battery with a tiny protective strip over the contacts I didn't think to look...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics