Monday 22 August 2016

Evening out

Ha ha, no! Read it with a slightly different emphasis... I do give thanks it looks a very pleasant one though, now the sun has come out and the wind died down...and for lingering a while with a 50p tea on the back beach on the way back from the library. I give thanks for going to the library and chatting and knitting a bit - my vanity in showing off my dress alteration outweighing my pensive, reclusive mood.


Last night was a ride of different emotions, though not a rollercoaster ride as that implies at least some soaring in between the sinking. I give thanks for hearing more of Laura's delightful good news and remembering what happiness sounds like; and then some neighbours reminded me what sex sounds like (plus bickering)... by which time I was so miserable I could only give thanks for neither weeping nor visiting the biscuit tin excessively; and then I watched a poignant Norwegian film about someone on a day's leave from rehab and remembered to put the malaise and melancholia of my own existence in the context of human existence in general... which sort of evened out the feelings a bit. A problem shared and all that...well, in a way...I was kind of grateful anyway...

I give thanks for writing the above and then accidentally finding the below, which may have been more the kind of thing you were thinking of when you first read the title of the post!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/22/someones-created-new-signs-for-night-tube-etiquette-6083293/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics